Capital Improvement Program
Capital Improvement Programs (CIP)
The CIP is the long-range plan for all individual capital improvement projects and funding sources. CIP Projects are unique construction projects that provide improvements or additions such as land, buildings, and infrastructure.
Why is the CIP Important?
The CIP helps enhance the overall quality of life in the City by improving the physical structures, systems, and facilities that provide services to the community. CIP projects are generally large and expensive, and the assets they install, replace, or rehabilitate will likely be required for decades of public use.
The CIP is a multiple year forecast of the City's capital needs. A capital need includes various project types such as:
- Storm drainage and flood control facilities
- Park and recreation centers
- Police, fire and lifeguard facilities
- Street improvements, lights and traffic signals
- Sidewalk improvements
- Utilities undergrounding
- Water and sewer facilities and pipelines